10. Warm Roof Construction
We are not architects, engineers, surveyors or building inspectors and we strongly recommend you seek and follow professional advice if you wish to construct a warm roof.
However, here are some ideas that you mind find useful.
- Fix a weight bearing board of your choice to the beams (you will need to walk on it).
- Lay a waterproof membrane over the boards (Visqueen or similar) as a vapour check.
- Lay PU insulation onto the Visqueen. Check current Building Regulation requirements for thermal specification and thickness.
- Make sure there are no air gaps between the insulation boards and at edges of the insulation
- Lay 18mm OSB3 T&G 8x2 boards onto the insulation and fix into the beams with long screws, passing through the insulation and vapour check.
- Trim with A250 and B300 and other trims as required.
- Laminate as per standard roof